Friday, July 9, 2010

Why do you blog?


I was reading a message board recently and someone posted this question.  It got me thinking...why do I, personally, blog?  I don't think there is really one set reason for why I, personally, blog.  Honestly, I enjoy talking about my family and know that "in real life" people don't want to hear about moving C to a big boy bed (a post will come soon!) or the dog being sick or the frustration with food allergies...or any other thing that comes in the day to day.  So blogging is a good way to get my stories out there, and if someone doesn't want to read it, they don't have to! 

I've always loved writing (even if I'm not the best writer,) but never found a way to that I enjoyed.  I don't want to write a book, diaries have never worked for me, but a blog just seems different.  I like to help people.  If someone might learn from my blog about egg in milkshakes or pick up tips on potty training their toddler (not that we are there yet!) then I want to blog about it!  And if I'm getting frustrated about something, or need help, maybe someone out there can help me.

Once I did decide to start a blog, I had to talk with Hubby about what he thought.  He's always been very particular about pictures of C being out there, just ask Becky about the "facebook picture tagging" incident :)  And there are so many people on the Internet, you might not know that someone is looking at your blog.  We decided to set some boundaries, but still wanted it to be fun for me to share stories.  We decided pictures were okay since I wasn't using C's whole name (I am waiting for the day I don't catch a slip though) and I try not to give any identifying information (where I work, specifically where I live.) 

So basically, I blog because it makes me feel good.  I get to talk about what I want to without worrying about boring people, and if I help someone along the way (and I get help as well)...awesome!  Also, there are great bloggers out there who I would love to get to know! 

Why did you get into blogging?

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh the tagging thing wasn't even an incident! :)

    I started reading more personal blogs (as opposed to just glamour.com) and realized I was thinking more and more in blog posts, and figured why not, give it a try? I never imagined the awesome relationships you could form through it!

    ReplyDelete