Friday, July 2, 2010

Sweet Tea-Country Style

Warning: this is from Hubby's great-aunt and is super sweet.  She actually makes it in the sun and with real sugar (yum yum!)

This is for 1 gallon:
I boil as much water as will fit in my large pot.  Once the water boils, I put it in my container and put in 16 tea bags.  Put the lid on and let it steep for 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes, take the tea bags out and add 2 cups of sugar (I use Splenda.)  Top off with cold water.  (I always add and stir the sugar before adding any extra water, I think it helps make the tea sweet.)


2 comments:

  1. Love sweet tea! When I've made it, I wanna say we boiled the sugar in with the water and then added the tea but I can't remember for sure. I DO remember it called for about 6 cups of sugar! :)

    ReplyDelete