Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Third Trimester!

Eeeeeeeeeekkkkkk!!!!  I cannot believe that I am finally there!  28 weeks!!!  Third trimester!!  Crazy!  Sometimes I feel like this pregnancy is going too fast, there is still soooo much to do...but other times, it doesn't seem to be moving at all!  But third trimester, that's huge! 

I had an ultrasound on Friday and to say it went well, would be an understatement!  I don't remember ever coming out of one these appointments with C feeling so good about the pregnancy.  Baby is actually measuring right where he should and was wiggling around like crazy!  I do have to say, I did wonder just how big his is measuring because both the ultrasound tech and doctor said "Okay, looks great.  He's measuring 2.5 pounds.  How big was your first?"  "4 pounds, 14 ounces."  "Oh, hmmmm, well, he (pointing to the ultrasound) looks great."  What does that mean???  Is he a monster baby or something??  I looked it up and 2.5 pounds is right on for 28ish weeks, maybe a little closer to the 29th week end, but considering they moved my due date to a week later, I think it sounds pretty good to me!  Now I just have to wait 4 more weeks to make sure he's still growing like he should. 

I had the nicest ultrasound tech though.  She was very talkative, asking about C, and telling me about her own daughter and how different it is now than it was 18 years ago.  Then, she gave me a big surprise!  Their machines are able to do 3D ultrasounds, but they don't do them for everyone.  I guess they mainly use them as a diagnostic tool. But, she took a quick look for me!  It's crazy what you can see!  I think he already looks like his big brother!



Now that I am in the third trimester, I am hoping to move on from this gathering mode, and into full on nesting mode!  Of course, that involves getting baby things from my grandparents garage, and doing something with our dining room table.  Hmmm...maybe a couple more days of non-nesting mode is in order :)

1 comment: