Monday, March 28, 2011

The Weekend

Has anyone else notices how short the weekends are?  Just when they really start, they end.  What's up with that?

Saturday morning, the boys decided to let us sleep in a little, until 8am!  Hubby got the oil changed in his car while I stayed home with the boys...then I went to a consignment sale (where I got some awesome new-looking clothes for N) while Hubby stayed home with the boys.  Then, and this is why my Hubby rocks, I went to a book club meeting with some great girl friends (including Darcie and Becky), while he stayed home with the boys, again.  We had a great time!  We read (well, I started to read, working on finishing now) Loving Frank: A Novel by Nancy Horan and visited one of Frank Lloyd Wright's homes.  The house was awesome, and I totally want to move there.  The day ended with playing with the boys, and Chinese food with the Hubby.

A side view of Frank Lloyd Wright's Pope-Leighey House.

Be sure to check out Becky's blog for more pictures today, and a book review tomorrow!


And this is what I saw when I walked in the door at home.


Sunday was a total family day, and it rocked!  We woke up early again, got some laundry done, finished Big Love, played some games, went to lunch and then Sam's Club.  At home, we relaxed, napped, watched a movie, and played some more!



The big news of the weekend is C's potty training.  There were some accidents Saturday morning, but none at all Saturday afternoon or Sunday!  That includes nap both days, and while we were out and about Sunday!  I am so excited and happy for him...and while I am excited at the idea of only 1 in diapers, a little sad for me...he's growing up too fast!  I'll try to get a post up soon about our potty training adventure!
Sittin' on the potty.

 And what good is potty training without some underwear fun!
(Sorry pic is fuzzy, iPhone camera with moving toddler!)

See what I mean about an awesome weekend?  Friends and family quality time, who could ask for more??  Monday morning?  If you must come so soon, you better have a big mug of coffee waiting for me!

1 comment:

  1. What a great weekend! (Ha! I didn't even realize you took that picture of the three of us walking!) Thanks for the link! And wahoo for C working on being potty-trained!!!

    ReplyDelete