Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Bookshelf

My niece is having a baby and I am thinking of all the things I want to get this very special first time mom. On the top of my list is books.  Here are a few books I love to give to new parents.

My absolute favorite kids book is actually one that I discovered when C was a couple months old.  I Love You Stinky Face by Lisa McCourt.  A mom in my moms group mentioned it, so of course I went and got it (based on the name alone!)!  It is a cute book about a mom putting her child to sleep and going through silly scenarios to describe how much she loves him.  I don't mind reading this book every night, multiple times.  It's fun to make up your own fun scenarios after reading the book, great for the imagination!
Source: amazon.com via HC on Pinterest

Another book is a classic, and while everyone probably know this book, it has to be mentioned!  Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown.  Who doesn't know this book?  It's a great book that should be on the bookshelf of every little girl and boy.  
Source: amazon.com via HC on Pinterest

I don't think Sandra Boynton has written a bad book.  I love Snuggle Puppy and love giving this book to new parents.  It's a fun book that you can read or sing, but just try reading it without singing the words!  The best part is that everyone sings the story just a little different, which means the possibilities are endless! 





Source: amazon.com via HC on Pinterest

Good Night, Baby! holds a special place in my heart.  We did some baby signs with C, and this was the first time he really used signs and we could tell they had meaning to him.  It's a very sweet book that walks the baby through his day and getting ready for bed.  It's also a very nice board book, which is perfect for little hands!



Source: us.dk.com via HC on Pinterest

The last book for tonight, was one of C's favorites.  Little Feet Like... by Giggle & Grow.  I think another company puts this book out as well, but this is the version we have.  It's a wonderful touch and feel book with a cute twist.  Each page has something that "little feet like", like grass, but it's meant to be felt with feet!  C used to take the book, sit on the floor, and rub his feet all over each page!  So, cute!  The best thing about the copy we have, is the size.  It's a bigger board book, which makes it a little harder to put on the bookshelf, but makes it great for little hands....and feet!  




Source: amazon.com via HC on Pinterest

These are just a few of my favorite books to buy for others.  Do you have any books you like to buy new parents?  Or read yourself?


1 comment: